Timing Tools Finder
Engine Code Search
A specialised cylinder head rebuilt kit designed to allow the camshafts to be correctly fitted into the cylinder head on Porsche / VAG common rail engines.
The set contains a jig, various camshaft support fixtures, gear tooth alignment clamps and locking devices.
- OEM Equiv: T40094 | T40095 | T40096
- Applications: VAG 1.6L | 2.0L | 2.7L | 3.0L | 4.0L | 4.2L diesel CR engines | Porsche 3.0 TDi
- For timing servicing on 2.7L - 4.2L engines, also refer ET1622.
Timing chain tension lever designed to be used with the ET0900. Broad range of applications on 1.8L | 2.0L TSFI engines.
For pretensioning the timing chain and unlocking the chain tensioner. Attach to the cylinder head, and then push back the chain tensioning rail. Allows for replacement of timing chain without needing to remove the front cover.
- EA888 Gen III engines (but can also be used with Gen 1 & II)
- Engine codes: 1.8L | CDAA, CDHB, CJEB, 2.0L | CCZA | CCZB | CCZD | CDNB | CESA | CPSA
- OEM Equiv: T40243
- Designed to be used in conjunction with timing kit ET0900
For servicing the camshaft adjuster securing bolt on 2.0L TFSi engines. M10 Polydrive (short version) - longer version T10070.
Do NOT use a standard Torx socket when removing the bolt on the camshaft sprocket.
- M10 Polydrive (6 splines)
- 54mm length
- OEM Equiv: T40080
- 1/2" Sq Drv
A specialised socket for holding / rotating the intake camshaft on selected VAG engines when servicing the timing chain.
- Applications: Audi A3 (12-) | A4 (08-) | A5 Coupe (08-) | Q5 (08-) | Tiguan (16-)
- Engines: 1.8L | 2.0L 4V TFSI (Gen III)
- OEM equiv: T10567
A specialised wrench to hold the pulley while loosening / tightening the pulley fixing bolt. This tool is recommended by the manufacturer to set the No. 1 cylinder at TDC. Covers engines from 2006 onwards.
- Applications: 1.8L | 2.0L TFSi / TSi petrol engines
- OEM Equiv: T10355
A set ot two cam belt tensioner tools for Volkswagen 4 Cyl TDI PD SOHC diesel engines. Also certain Audi / Skoda applications. These tension tools are designed for Pumpe Duse and Common Rail diesels fitted with larger engine mounting brackets.
- OEM Equiv: T10264 | T10265
An updated comprehensive timing kit for late model belt driven petrol VAG engines. This kit includes an updated camshaft locking tool for post 2013 engines with Cylinder On Demand (COD).
For the camshaft holding kit refer ET1872A.
- Engines: 1.0L 3 Cyl | 1.2L TFSI | 1.4L TFSI / TSI
Locking tools for servicing the camshaft drive belt on new generation three / four cylinder 1.6L | 2.0L TDi CR EA288 engines (post 2012). Includes the tools required for setting the camshaft gears within the cylinder head.
- OEM Equiv: T10490 | T10492
- Applications: Audi A3 (13-), Skoda Octavia (13-), VW Golf (13-)
A specialised timing tool kit is for 1.8L | 2.0L TSi / TFSi 4v engines. This kit includes a TDC indicator. The TDC indicator needs to be used in conjunction with a DTI gauge. The DTI gauge (ET1101) is not included in the kit, but is available separately.
This kit is designed to allow removal / replacement of the timing chain and camshaft sprockets. The kit includes special camshaft pulley locking blocks for late model Gen 3 TSi / TFSi engines.
On third-generation EA888 1.8 and 2.0L 4V TFSI engines, the ET0037A is required to remove the damper pulley when servicing the timing chain.
A specialised kit designed to lock the camshafts and crankshaft in position when servicing VAG EA888 4 cylinder 1.8L | 2.0L 16V petrol engines (2010-).
- Engines: 1.8L: BYT | CDAA | CDHB | CJEB 2.0L: CABB | CAWA | CAWB | CCZA | CCZB | CCZC | CCZD | CDNB | CDNC | CDND | CESA | CPSA
An essential tool for maintaining engine timing whenever the front vibration damper is removed. For instance, when replacing crankshaft oil seals.
Additional tools are required for replacing the engine timing chain (see ET0900 / ET9716).
- Application: 3rd Gen EA888 TFSI engines.
- OEM Equivalent: T10531