A specialised kit for setting the balance shafts on common BMW (4 & 6 cylinder) | Mini | Citroen | Peugeot petrol engine vehicles.
- Engine codes: N42 | N45 | N46 | N46T | N52
- Engine codes: BMW 1.6 (N40 / N45 / N45T, B16, B16A, B16AC) 1.8 / 2.0 (N42 / N46 / N46T) 2.0 / 3.0 (N51 / N52 / N52-Component / N53 / N54), PSA: 1.4 / 1.6 16V (EP3 / EP6 / EP6DT / EP6DTS), Mini 1.4 / 1.6 (N12 / N14)
The 2.5L & 3.0L 6 cylinder twin camshaft 16 valve petrol engine (04-) are widely used in BMW 3 & 5 series vehicles. There are 2 types of engines within the range, VALVETRONIC & Direct injection engines, but all have VANOS variable valve timing units on both the inlet & exhaust camshafts. USE with ET1136-5.
- Engine codes: N52 (2.5L) | N54 (3.0L) DOHC 24V petrol engines
Services a wide range of older (83-04) BMW petrol belt & chain driven engines. Locks camshaft in cylinder 1 TDC firing position. Two pieces are recommended for V12 camshaft assembly.
Also used on Land Rover 2.5L TD | TD4 | TD6 diesel engines.
- Applications: 316i | 318i | 518i | Z3
- Engine codes: M40 | M43 | M70 | M73
For setting the timing position on camshaft & crankshaft during belt or chain replacement. The pre-load tool for the primary timing chain tensioner has two threaded nuts M22 x 1.5 (M42 / M60) & M26 x 1.5 (M50 / M52). Also includes locking tools for engines with twin VANOS (VVT) units on BMW M52 (TU) / M54 / M56 essential for dismantling, assembly & timing of the twin VANOS engines plus the VANOS engagement wrench for BMW twin camshaft single VANOS (VVT) unit mounted on the inlet camshaft.
This timing kit is designed for 1.6L | 2.0L chain driven engines to set the camshaft timing during cam chain removal or replacement (or check / adjust timing). The kit contains the camshaft locking tool; VANOS sensor alignment bar; balancer shaft locking plate; timing chain tensioner retractor & locking pins plus the flywheel locking pin.
- Engine codes: N42B16 | N43B20
For 1.6L petrol twin camshaft chain drive engines to lock the engine for removal / replacement of the camshaft chain as well as adjusting & checking camshaft timing. A Vanos setting plate is included to lock the variable valve timing in the correct position.
- Engine codes: N45
- Application: 116i (03-08)
For 2.0 DOHC 16v | 3.0L DOHC 24v (98-) engines. Used for checking and adjusting timing plus removal and installation of camshaft / variable camshaft timing unit. ALSO suits certain Holden | Land Rover | Rover & MG vehicles.
OEM Equivalents & Engine Codes:
- ET1020A: BMW 11 2 300, Holden KM 813, Land Rover LRT 12-108
- ET1388: BMW 13 5 120, Land Rover LRT 12-119, Holden KM 825
- TT3320: BMW 11 3 320, Holden KM 811, Land Rover LRT 12-112
- TT6322: BMW 11 6 322, Land Rover LRT12-173
- TT6320: BMW 11 6 320
- TT3340: BMW 11 3 340, Land Rover LRT 12-172
- TT5180: BMW 11 5 180, Land Rover 12-227
- TT6080: BMW 11 6 080
- TT3360: BMW 11 3 360, Land Rover LRT 12-115, Holden KM 822
- TT5190: BMW 13 5 190
- TT5120: BMW 13 5 120
- TT5191: BMW 13 5 191
- TT5192: BMW 13 5 192
- M47 | M47TU | M51 | M57 | M57TU
A specialised timing kit for BMW vehicles fitted with N47 | N57 engines. This kit includes a camshaft setting plate, flywheel locking pin, and crankshaft turning tool. Also included is a HP pump sprocket retaining tool (required when removing / installing the pump), and a crankshaft alignment gauge to properly align the crankshaft at bottom dead centre.
- Engine codes: N47 | N57
A specific timing tool kit for M3 BMW vehicles fitted with the S54 (32 6S 4) chain driven 3.2L 6 Cyl 24V petrol engine.
- Applications: M3 S54 Cabriolet (00-06), Sports Coupe (99-06), CSL Sports Coupe (03-04)
- OEM Equiv: 11 2 300 | 11 5 100 | 11 7 160 | 11 7 342 | 11 9 130 | 119 140 | 11 9 170
Suits 2.5L | 3.0L Twin VANOS camshaft setting / locking on chain drive BMW VANOS 6 cylinder engines (98-). Due to the introduction of a Twin Vanos (variable valve control) system on the BMW 6 cyl twin cam chain driven petrol engine Vanos adjustment units fitted to inlet & exhaust camshafts must be reset to align with camshafts when setting engine timing after cam chain replacement. USE with ET1020A, ET1033A & ET1096
A vital timing chain tool kit for 3.6L | 4.0L | 4.4L | 4.8L V8 engines, and new generation V12 engines. These tools align intake & exhaust cams in the correct timing position by holding the valve timing whilst loosening & tightening the camshaft adjuster nut for assembly plus damper tools.