For removing damaged / broken glow plugs (with M8 x 1.0 | M10 x 1.0 threads), especially where they have sheared off under the hex flush with the cylinder head. Includes adaptors for drilling / centring / pulling.
- We recommend that the cylinder head is removed before attempting to remove damaged glow plugs.
- The cylinder head can be left in place. However, if this is to be done, the relevant injector should be removed, and an airline connected using a suitable adaptor to ensure that no contamination (metal shavings, dirt etc) cannot enter the combustion chamber.
These pneumatic adaptors are designed to screw into glow plug bores, and fill the combustion chamber with compressed air.
This is necessary when removing / installing valve springs on installed cylinder heads, or for pressure loss diagnosis.
- Sizes: M8 x 1.0 | M10 x 1.0 | M10 x 1.25
- 3 Pce set
Specialist kit for extracting 10mm glow plugs that have been released, but cannot be removed due to access restrictions between the cylinder head and the glow plug.
The kit also includes reamers to clean the glow plug aperture to allow a new glow plug to be fitted.
Designed for removing carbon build up, it is recommended to use these reamers each time that glow plugs are removed / replaced.
This kit has three common sizes that are applicable to most diesel passenger engines before 2000.
- Sizes: M10 x 1.0 | M12 x 1.25 (short) | M12 x 1.25 (long)
- Titanium coated
A specialised glow plug removal kit designed for the removal of glow plugs with an M8 x 1.0 thread.
This set includes all the required adaptors, centring and cleaning tools for the safe removal of the glow plug without damaging the engine.
- To minimise the risk of damage to the engine, it is important to ensure dirt / swarf do not enter the combustion chamber.
- We advise either removing the cylinder head from the engine, or removing the relevant injector and connection an airline (using an appropriate adaptor), to ensure dirt / swarf do not enter the engine).
A specialised tool for unscrewing / disassembling glow plugs in the cylinder hear. Especially glow plugs that are stuck due to carbonisation.
Avoids the need to remove the cylinder.
- Fits all Mercedes with a 10mm glow plug. For instance, engines codes 611 | 612 | 613
Designed for use with stuck / seized glow plugs. These specialised sockets are designed to remove as much of the internal electrode as possible, while leaving a small centred hole in the glowplug to facilitate drilling out the remaining electrode.
These sockets are supplied in a blowmold case.
- Sizes 2.6 | 3.2 | 3.5 | 4.5 | 6.5 | 8.25mm
- 1/4" Sq Drv