Locks chain tensioner in position on VAG petrol engines with a cam belt driving one camshaft & then transferring drive by chain to the other camshaft. A must during assembly & disassembly on 4 | 6 | 8 cylinder engines.
- Applicable years: 98 - 06
- OEM Equiv: 3366 | T20018
Holds both camshafts at TDC position while replacing timing belt. Used with ET1105-4.
- PCD 622mm
- Applications: 40v V8 (5V per cylinder), Audi: A6 | A8 | S6 | S8 | RS6, VW: Touareg | Phaeton
- Engine codes: 3.7 V8: AKC, AQG, BFL 4.2 V8: ANK, AQF, AQH, AQJ, ARS, ARU, ASG, AWN, AVN, AVP, AUW, AXQ, BCY, BFM, BGH, BHX, BRV
Timing chain tension lever designed to be used with the ET0900. Broad range of applications on 1.8L | 2.0L TSFI engines.
For pretensioning the timing chain and unlocking the chain tensioner. Attach to the cylinder head, and then push back the chain tensioning rail. Allows for replacement of timing chain without needing to remove the front cover.
- EA888 Gen III engines (but can also be used with Gen 1 & II)
- Engine codes: 1.8L | CDAA, CDHB, CJEB, 2.0L | CCZA | CCZB | CCZD | CDNB | CESA | CPSA
- OEM Equiv: T40243
- Designed to be used in conjunction with timing kit ET0900
For servicing the camshaft adjuster securing bolt on 2.0L TFSi engines. M10 Polydrive (short version) - longer version T10070.
Do NOT use a standard Torx socket when removing the bolt on the camshaft sprocket.
- M10 Polydrive (6 splines)
- 54mm length
- OEM Equiv: T40080
- 1/2" Sq Drv
This tool sets the camshaft in the correct timed position when setting injection pump timing / reassembling cylinder head, for 1.9L TDi engines (99-03).
Specially designed to avoid the need to remove the valve cover.
- Replaces old style 3418 / 3359 tools.
- Engine code: ALH
Specialty cam locking bar for 24V VR6 engines used on some GTI, GLI and all 3.2 liter VR6. Also W8 and W12 engines (two needed). Locks both camshafts at TDC for setting valve timing. Not for 12V VR6, nor any 2.7L, 2.8L or 3.0L conventional V6 engines.
- Engine codes: 2.8L (BDE) (BDF), 3.2L (BAA) (BJS) (BMX) (BUB), 3.6L (BHK) (BHL) (BLV)
- Application: Audi A3 (06-09) | A8 (05-09) | Q7 (07-09) | TT (04-09), VW CC (06-09) | EOS (07-09) | Golf (04) | GTI (02-06) | Phaeton (04-06) | R32 (04-08) | Touareg (04-09)
A specialised two pin socket set for removing / installing the camshaft control valves prior to removing the timing chain.
This comprehensive kit is strongly recommended as the correct socket can be difficult to determine prior to the vehicle coming into the workshop.
- Petrol 1.8L | 2.0L TSI / TFSI chain drive
- OEM Equiv: T10352 | T10352/1 | T10352/2 | T10352/3 | T10352/4
A specialised socket for holding / rotating the intake camshaft on selected VAG engines when servicing the timing chain.
- Applications: Audi A3 (12-) | A4 (08-) | A5 Coupe (08-) | Q5 (08-) | Tiguan (16-)
- Engines: 1.8L | 2.0L 4V TFSI (Gen III)
- OEM equiv: T10567
Better alignment with 2 ground shoulder screws & facilitates timing adjustment with the vacuum pump & cam cover still in place. The ground screws slide the setting bracket easily into the camshaft slot with the addition of the knob for precise alignment.
- OEM Equiv: 3418 | T10098 | T20038
Fuel injection pump gear retainer & counter holder for crankshaft toothed belt sprocket when installing crankshaft oil seal (belt pulley end).
This tool holds the sprocket when releasing the fastener, reducing potential damage to the camshaft.
- 10mm dia pins
- 380mm overall length
A specialised wrench to hold the pulley while loosening / tightening the pulley fixing bolt. This tool is recommended by the manufacturer to set the No. 1 cylinder at TDC. Covers engines from 2006 onwards.
- Applications: 1.8L | 2.0L TFSi / TSi petrol engines OEM Equiv: T10355