Specialty Bits / Sockets
A specialised automotive socket set containing hard to find female Ribe, female Pentagon, and security Spliine sockets.
These sockets are used on a wide range of vehicles, especially Nissan / Renault and VAG group vehicles.
Packaged on a handy socket rail.
- Female Pentagon sockets: 10 | 12| 14 | 19mm
- Pentagon male bit socket: 10mm
- Spline (security): M16S (60mm) | M18S (75mm)
- 10pt profile: 20mm
- Female Ribe sockets: M6S | M8S | M10S | M12S (M8S also drives Torx Plus T55)
This M10 female ribe socket has a wide variety of automotive applications, including removing the retaining screw on Toyota idler pulley belt, in order to be able to adjust the idler belt.
On Toyota (most) 1ZZFE / (all) 2ZZGE engines, this socket fits the bolt that secures the pulley to the belt tensioner. If your pulley has an exposed bolt this is the right tool. If your 1ZZ pulley has a black plastic cap covering the bolt head then it is more likely to be a standard Torx bolt.
- Applications: Toyota 1.8L 1ZZFE (98-08) / 2ZZGE
- M10 female ribe socket
- 1/2" Sq Drv
A master kit of female Torx Plus sockets. Torx Plus bolts are increasingly being used in many automotive applications.
Part of the Endeavour Tools range of specialty sockets.
- Sizes: 1/4" - 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 | 3/8" - 14, 16, 18, 20 | 1/2" - 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32
Specialised female Torx Plus sockets, which are used in automotive applications including Corolla ZZE152, Navara etc.
Torx Plus is a variant of Torx, with the ends being more rounded. As such, standard Torx sockets cannot be used to drive Torx Plus bolts. These sockets are the female version of standard Torx Plus bits.
Torx Plus is a registered trademark of Camcar Textron.
- 10EP | 11EP | 12EP | 14EP | 16EP | 18EP | 20EP
- 3/8" Sq Drv
- Supplied on socket rail
- No longer stocked with some individual sizes available
Increasingly popular fittings for specialist automotive applications. These female sockets are designed to drive Torx Plus bolts. Torx Plus has six points (similar to Torx) but with a different end geometry for better torque transfer.
- 18EP | 20EP | 22EP | 24EP | 26EP | 28EP | 30EP | 32EP
- 1/2" Sq Drv
- Kit no longer stocked with some individual sizes available