A specialised current clamp to allow your oscilloscope, multimeter to measure electrical current from 10mA up to 60A - both AC / DC - with a frequency response up to 20kHz.
This current clamp adaptor is ideal for displaying current waveforms for fuel injectors, fuel pumps, ignition coil circuits, and testing the solenoid valve for electronic diesel fuel injection control (EDC) systems.
The small measuring jaws allow the adaptor to be used in tight spaces.
- 4mm banana plug connectors
- Two calibration settings: 10mA - 20A AC / DC range & 20A - 60A AC / DC range
- 9mm max jaw opening
- 9V DC battery supplied with unit
Monitor the engine's dynamic pressure and vacuum to access its performance. Designed for specialists who want to observe the engine's absolute pressure diagram in real time. Supplied with a universal output fitting allowing for use with almost all oscilloscopes.
- Check Overall engine condition
- Check engine exhaust gases
- Measure turbo pressure
- Measure fuel and air pressures
AutoSim allows a mechanic to simulate the replacement of a sensor.
Simulating output signals of most automotive sensors, AutoSim picks up service issues where a scan tool's diagnosis ends. Sensors tell the on-board computer when something is wrong. AutoSim helps determine if the cause is a faulty sensor, wiring or the ECU.
The product is mainly used for wiring tests. This is because the device can simulate the voltages and check the live data readings on the scan tool to confirm the wiring. You can simulate most sensors from ABS to O2 sensors. Eliminates need to replace non-defective sensors; by the time you have changed a couple of un-needed sensors the device has paid for itself!
- Voltage simulation range: 0.1V ~ 12V
- Frequency simulation range: 0.1Hz ~ 10KHz
- Trigger pulse output: up to 0.15 amperes maximum
- Output amplitude: 0.2V to 12V output amplitude can be selected at each mode
Next generation automotive signal generator - to simulate SENSORS and ACTUATORS.
Quickly detect whether the ECU, a feed, plug in connection, or sensor is defective. Eliminate faults without simply replacing parts on suspicion only.
- Operates on 12V & 24V systems
- Signal generator: sine, square, triangles and ramps; 0.1Hz - 20kHz
- PWM generator (up to 4A): Dynamic control of vehicle, actuators using pulse width modulation
A fast / accurate method to diagnose engine problems. Verify the mechanical condition of the engine before using a scan tool. All engines generate pulsating pressure waves. This sensor allows you to display "engine pulses" on standard oscilloscopes. By using the first cylinder for sychronisation, a faulty cylinder can be determined. Engine problems will always cause a fluctuation of the waveform.
- Use with any standard oscilloscope
- Detect valve leakage, timing issues, bad injectors without major disassembly
- PC connectivity via USB port
- Save waveforms as BMPs
The CarScope i-Tester is essentially a specialised type of engine analyser. It is a complex, multi-function tool, which can help diagnosing the engine and finding engine problems. I-Tester can be used with both petrol and diesel-powered vehicles. Currently, its main mode is relative compression testing but several automated diagnostic tests are upcoming with future firmware updates!
No oscilloscope knowledge skills needed. You can skip the training and set-up time of an ordinary oscilloscope and get directly to a quick, precise engine analysis;
Relative compression test
This test is only a comparison between cylinders so we can use this method to "see" if we have a cylinder (s) with low compression by comparing one cylinder to the next. Hence the term "relative".
Relative compression is the fastest, simplest way to find a low compression cylinder. This test has previously been available only on large and expensive diagnostic systems, requiring a laptop and an oscilloscope. Now it is easier than ever Ñ with the new CarScope i-Tester that combines both functions - relative compression test and automatic waveform analysis. So, the final results are displayed in an easy to understand format.
You do not have to check each individual cylinder, all cylinders can be tested in one go. CarScope i-Tester works on 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylinder cars, 4 stroke, diesel and petrol engines, DIS, conventional and Coil-on-Plug systems, and 12V electrical systems.
By hooking up a second probe to either the ignition or an injector, you can follow the firing order/injection sequence and know which one it is. This is not the only way to do this type of cylinder identification but it does work as a way to start with.
- Non-invasive test;
- Test completes within seconds;
- You do not need a pressure transducer to run the relative compression test;
- No mechanical work needed. No removal of spark plugs, glow plugs, or injectors, thus preventing accidental damage to the customer's engine components. All you have to do is to disable the fuel system to prevent the engine from starting;
- Disabling fuel system is always better because you are not flooding your cylinders;
- No oscilloscope needed;
- Reduced skill level required and thus achieve rapid testing;
- No waveform analysis skills needed;
- Test based on scientifically grounded theory;
- Test proven in the practice for many years;
- Useful tool in the parking lot type situation instead of dragging a scope/laptop around;
- No current clamp needed, in case the DC voltage method is used
- 2.4" TFT LCD 320 240
- no external power adapter needed
- 3 Channel Ñ 3 measurement channels provide the ability to use a variety of voltage and current probes at the same time.
- Protection against reverse polarity connection
- The Relative Compression mode helps you quickly find a low compression cylinder
- Relative compression test function and automatic waveform analysis
- Ultra fast boot time
- Simple to use and connect, easy to use keyboard.
- Internal Micro SD card to save and review measurements
- Works on 4 stroke, diesel and gasoline engines;
- Works on 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylinder cars
- Works on DIS, conventional and Coil-on-Plug ignition systems;
- Only 12V electrical systems supported.
- Excellent industrial design
Reasons to perform a relative compression test using i-Tester:
Compression test has to be performed when the engine symptoms are as follows:
- engine misfiring;
- rough idle;
- loss of power over time;
- unexplained loss of power;
- smoke from the exhaust;
- puffing noise in induction or exhaust
2. Checking the engine health in cases as follows:
- In case of buying a used car;
- Before ECU remapping to evaluate engine status;
- Periodic prevention check;
- In cases where it is very hard to gain access to the spark plugs in order to perform a traditional compression test.
Functional on the following Engine Types:
Number of Cylinders 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12
Engine Stroke 4 stroke
Fuel Types Gasoline, Diesel
Ignition Systems Conventional, DIS, Coil-on-Plug
Electrical System Voltage 12V
Power Supply 10V to 18V, 4 W typical
Relative Compression 0 to -100% contribution
Type TFT LCD Module
Size 2.4" diagonal
Resolution 320 x 240 pixels
Backlight 4chip white LED in Parallel
High Brightness 150 cd/m2
Professional Windows based automotive oscilloscope. Easy to use - over 30 preset component tests - just hook up and go without the need to set voltage scales, trigger or time bases.
- Engine analyser
- Ignition waveform analyser capabilities
- 4 chanel oscilloscope
- Connects via Ethernet port (not USB). Eliminates ground loop currents. Magnetic filtering minimises static discharge noise, magnetic fields, radio frequency interference.
- Maximum sampling rate: 4 independent 20 MS/s ADCs
- Power supply range: 9V - 36V DC
- Includes universal main probe, 3x universal probes. Other accessories available separately.
A unique two channel automotive testing scope in a standalone tablet. Designed specifically for automotive use, it has a range of guided tests (with extensive context sensitive help menus). Purpose built for component testing. Much easier to use / more auto functionality than standard oscilloscopes.
- Tests most engine sensors
- Tests actuators / solenoids
- Advanced ignition measurement
- Test batteries, alternators, starters
- Test starter / charging circuits
- Observe fuel injector / pump signals
- View CAN bus signals
- Measure high / low currents
- 2 channel - 2 x 20 MS/s ADCs
- 7" TFT Colour display
- Rechargeable battery
- PC connectivity via USB port
- Save waveforms as BMPs
- Guided tests with help menus
- Includes first view sensor
- Easier to use than most scopes